Website address: www.artexplora.org
Owner: Art Explora, a foundation with permanent capital of 4 million euros
Registered in the Trade and Companies Register (R.C.S) of Paris under no. 892 486 671
With head office located at 9 BOULEVARD DE LA MADELEINE in 75001 Paris
VAT number: FR28879640399
Publication manager: Léa Forget
Hosted by: Webflow
Article 1 : Introduction
Its purpose is to present the following elements to users of the site:
o The way in which their personal information is gathered and processed. By personal information is meant all information that could make it possible to identify a user. This involves in particular first name and surname, age, postal address, email address, user’s location and/or IP address;
o What rights users have concerning this type of information;
o Who is in charge of processing the personal information that is gathered and processed; o To whom such information is communicated;
Art Explora declares that it is firmly committed to compliance with the applicable laws and regulations with respect to data protection, and that it always undertakes to maintain data security, confidentiality and integrity.
Art Explora formally undertakes never to sell, rent out, exchange or freely disclose any personal information whatsoever.
Article 2 : General principles with respect to the gathering and processing of information
In accordance with the provisions of article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the gathering and processing of data concerning site users upholds the following principles:
- Legality, loyalty and transparency: the information may only be gathered and processed with the consent of the user, who is the owner of the information. Each time the personal information is gathered, the user will be notified that his or her information is being gathered and of the reasons why it is being gathered;
- Minimisation of gathering and processing of the information: the information is only stored for a limited period, and the user is notified as regards its length. If it is not possible to communicate said information, the user is notified of the criteria used to determine the length of time the information is stored for;
- Integrity and confidentiality of information gathered and processed: the data processing manager undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the information gathered.
In order to ensure this is done lawfully, and in accordance with the requirements of article 6 of European Regulation 2016/679, the gathering and processing of personal information may only take place provided at least one of the following conditions are met:
- The user has given their express consent;
- The processing is required for the proper performance of a contract;
- The processing fulfils a legal obligation;
- The processing can be justified on grounds connected with the safeguarding of the vital interests of the person concerned or of another private individual;
- The processing can be justified on grounds connected with the performance of a public interest mission or a mission relating to the public authorities;
- The processing and gathering of personal information is required due to legitimate and private interests pursued by the processing manager or a third party.
Article 3 : personal information gathered and processed within the framework of browsing of the site
Information gathered and processed and collection method
The information gathered by the site Art Explora is gathered according to the final purpose of the associated processing:
- Subscription to the newsletter: the site gathers the information required for the authentication of the subscriber, i.e. surname, first name, country of residence and messaging address.
- The volunteering form: the site gathers the information required in order to become a volunteer for the Art Explora foundation, i.e. surname, first name, civil status, address, postcode and country of residence, messaging address, telephone number, date of birth, professional status, assignments of interest to the future volunteer, any additional comments.
- Making of online donations: the site gathers data on civil status, postal and electronic contact details.
- Connection data: connection data are collected to guarantee the security and traceability of personal information. This data is also used for statistical purposes linked to site consultation and visits.
Use of data gathered
The gathering of the data referenced above is performed for the following reasons:
- to ensure the newsletter is sent out correctly;
- to contact potential foundation volunteers and offer them assignments that are connected with their interests;
- to allow web surfers to make online donations to the Art Explora foundation; - to manage the donor relationship, the issuing of tax relief receipts and where applicable for the performance of statistical analysis;
- to guarantee the security and traceability of personal information;
- to produce statistics for site consultation and visits.
Who the personal information is sent to
Access to personal information is limited to the departments of Art Explora and its subcontractors with whom Art Explora is contractually linked with a view to successfully fulfilling the goal of the processing.
Length of time the information is kept
The length of the period during which the personal information is kept varies depending on the purpose of the processing:
• Creation of a personal e-learning account: your personal information is kept for 3 years (36 months) after the last login.
• Saving of subscriber progress: your personal information is kept for 3 years (36 months) after the last login.
• Making an online donation: in accordance with article L. 102 E of the Tax Procedure Code, your personal data is kept for 6 years after the last donation made.
• Subscribing to the Art Explora newsletter: your personal information is kept indefinitely after you subscribe. You can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe links in each newsletter or by writing to the following email address: email@example.com
• Login data: personal information linked to logins is kept for 3 years (36 months). • Cookies: the maximum period of time for which cookies are stored is 13 months starting from the date on which your consent was obtained.
Hosting of data
The Art Explora website is hosted by Webflow
Art Explora is particularly attached to the personal information we gather and process. These operations are performed in a secure manner.
The site has an SSL certificate to guarantee that the information and data transfers that pass through the site are secure.
The purpose of an SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) certificate is to secure the data exchanged between the user and the site.
Article 4 : data processing manager
The data processing manager
The data processing manager responsible for the handling of personal information is the Art Explora digital department.
It can be contacted at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obligations of the data processing manager
The processing manager undertakes to protect the personal information gathered, not to send it to any third parties without the user being notified and to comply with the end uses for which this information has been gathered.
If the integrity, confidentiality or security of the personal information is compromised, the processing manager shall notify the user of this fact using any means available.
Article 5 : rights of the user
In accordance with the regulations with respect to the processing of personal information, the user has the rights listed below.
In order for the data processing manager to be able to fulfil his or her request, the user must send to him the following: first name(s) and surname, email address.
The processing manager must reply to the user within a period not to exceed 30 (thirty) days.
A. Presentation of the user’s rights as regards the gathering and processing of information
a. Right to access, right to correct and right to delete
The user may consult, update or correct his or her personal information, or request its deletion, by following the procedure detailed below:
Submit an express request to the data protection supervisor.
b. Data portability right
The user has the right to request the portability of his or her personal information held by the site to another site, whilst abiding by the following procedure:
Submit an express request to the data protection supervisor.
c. Right to restrict and oppose data processing
The user has the right to request that the processing of his or her data by the site be restricted, or to oppose said processing. The site may not refuse any such request, unless it is able to demonstrate the existence of legitimate and compelling grounds that prevail over the interests and rights of the user.
If he or she wishes to request the restriction of personal information processing or to oppose said processing, the user must follow the procedure below:
Submit an express request to the data protection supervisor.
d. Right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on an automated process In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679, the user has the right not to be subjected to any decisions based exclusively on an automated process if the decision results in legal implications for him or her, or substantially affects him or her in a similar manner.
e. Right to determine what is done with the information after death
The user is reminded that he or she may decide what should be done with the information gathered and processed in the event of death, in accordance with law no. 2016-1321 of 7 October 2016.
f. Right of appeal
If the data processing manager decides not to reply to the user’s request and the user wishes to appeal against this decision, or if he or she thinks that one of the rights listed above has been violated, he or she has the right to lodge an appeal with CNIL.
The appeal can be addressed online to https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes or by post to the following address:
Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
B. Personal information concerning minors
In accordance with the provisions of article 8 of European Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act, only minors aged 15 or over may consent to the processing of their personal information.
If the user is a minor aged under 15 years, the consent of a legal representative or guardian will be required before the personal information may be gathered and processed.
The site editor reserves the right to check using any available means that the user is aged over 15 years or that the user has obtained the consent of a legal representative or guardian before browsing the site.
A cookie is a small text file transferred from a web server to your web browser or hard disk when you visit a website. If your web browser is configured to accept cookies, they will be stored on the web browser or hard disk until their expiry date has passed or you have deleted the cookies yourself.
• Audience measurement: to monitor statistical data on frequentation of the site (information about the browser used by your device and the operating system that you use, the IP address of the device you are using and the web pages you consult)
• Cookies which are only required to ensure the correct functioning of a tool or to allow you to use the services that we provide
By browsing this website, you indicate your consent to the depositing of cookies on your browser.
You can choose to configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is sent about its validity period and content, and you can have the option of refusing its saving on your terminal, as well as deleting your cookies periodically.
If you refuse the saving of cookies in your browser, you will no longer benefit from the functionalities enabled by these cookies. For example, you will no longer be able to access your secure private space using a memorised password. You will therefore have to re-enter your passwords each time you log in.