Arts at home
This Summer 2022, we are piloting Arts at Home, our new UK arts in care home programme, and we are looking for 10 volunteers to participate!
The mission of Arts at Home is to support older people to access arts and culture, to encourage conversation and connection through art, and to give back to our local communities. The pilot phase of the programme is 3-months from July to September 2022, and we are looking for volunteers to deliver activities in care homes and participate in the evaluation of the programme.
If you are a confident communicator and passionate about arts and culture, we would love to hear from you. This is a special opportunity to work with us to shape a meaningful programme and we are looking for people who can commit to delivering 2 sessions per month in care homes and participate in light evaluation activities.
Currently, our care home partners are based in and around London and you will need to be able to travel to these locations with expenses paid.
You will receive training by an arts education specialist to learn how to deliver the arts sessions in a care home environment with an engaging, conversation-led approach. To support your learning, you will also receive a guided tour of the National Gallery, and we will provide you with an Arts at Home toolkit.
We will support you throughout the programme by attending and guiding you through your first sessions with residents in care homes. At the end of this 3-month programme, we will invite you to our base in Somerset House for an evaluation and debrief of the pilot, followed by a thank you lunch with the team.
Qualities/skills we are looking for:
- Passionate about arts and culture (please note, you do not need to be an arts professional!)
- Friendly and confident talking to people
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in arts education
- Team working skills
- Attend 1 induction/training day (travel expenses covered)
- Provide requested information for an enhanced DBS check (if you already have an enhanced DBS check and certificate, please let us know)
- Deliver a minimum of 6 sessions in care homes over 3 months (1 hour session plus travel)
- Available for debrief telephone or Zoom conversations after each session
- Attend 1 evaluation, debrief and appreciation day
If you’re interested and want to hear more about the mission or have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
We will reply to all applications and aim to begin interviews the w/c 6th June.
The first induction/training day for this programme will be held on Tuesday 21st June.