Arts at home
We are looking for volunteers to join our Arts at Home programme!
Art Explora’s mission is to create new forms of access, participation and engagement with arts and culture. After a fantastic summer piloting Arts at Home, our programme bringing arts into care homes, we are now welcoming new volunteers to join us.
Arts at Home supports older people to access arts and culture by encouraging conversation and connection through art. We are looking for volunteers to participate in our “Arts at Home” sessions in residential care homes.
In these sessions, you will introduce works of art of your choice from a range of options in the Arts at Home toolkit, supported by virtual gallery tours and object handling. No prior professional experience is needed; we will provide you with the necessary training and toolkit to deliver this programme
Arts at Home is delivered in care homes across the London area. You will need to be able to travel to these locations (travel expenses paid). We are also developing opportunities to deliver online sessions from wherever is convenient to you.
By joining the Arts at Home programme, you will:
- Receive a training programme and toolkit carefully curated by an arts education specialist;
- Make a difference to the lives of older people and residents in care homes;
- Develop skills in public speaking and communicating with different audiences;
- Develop skills in education and community engagement projects;
- Broaden your knowledge of art history;
- Join a brilliant community of likeminded people!
If you are a confident communicator and passionate about arts, we would love to hear from you!
If you want to hear more about the mission or have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Deadline: Ongoing. Training sessions every three months, next session to be confirmed.