Art Explora Academy : the online art history discovery platform
Discover the first ever online free platform dedicated to learning the history of art and leading to a certificate validated by Sorbonne University.
Available in French and English, and designed for use on a computer, mobile or tablet, Art Explora Academy offers 11 original courses and a media library offering a range of video and audio content hosted on the platform to delve further into the key concepts of art history.
Art Explora Academy has launched its app on 19 April on iOS and Android.
The 11 courses:
These 11 courses, with the innovative micro-learning approach, were designed with professors from the Sorbonne University Art History department.
The 11 courses:
- Asian arts
- Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Islamic arts
- African arts
- Arts from the Americas
- Ancient Greece and Rome
- Art in the Middle Ages
- The Renaissance and the Enlightenment
- 19th century art
- Modern art in tge 20th century
- Contemporary art
Each course will be made up of 4 parts, offering an experience that lasts approximately 40 minutes. Users can stop and restart as they please, in order to progress at their own pace.
Each part has the following structure:
- an introduction to the topic in a short video
- a sequence of 5 to 7 key points (text + visual format)
- a practice quiz, in order to assimilate the concepts dealt with
- a suggestion of videos and podcasts from the media library to watch / listen to in order to go into more detail in the concepts dealt with
A big quiz of 12 questions then concludes each course.Once the badges for the 11 courses have been obtained, the user is awarded their Art Explora certificate validated by Sorbonne-University.
In about 8 hours of micro-learning, it is therefore possible to master the main concepts of art history.
The media library:
With more than 1600 free videos and podcasts in French and English, the offer is continuously expanded, including a series of new programs co-produced by Art Explora.
The videos and podcasts provide an offbeat approach to art history, artists, and their works, and are produced by cultural institutions, YouTubers, independent podcasters, as well as public and private broadcasters.
They are available on Art Explora Academy’s website and app.
Weekly curated playlists explore the history of art from an unconventional angle, often inspired by topical events. On the occasion of the 59th Venice Art Biennale, which opens in April, Art Explora Academy will offer its users a playlist that briefly explains the key elements of contemporary art.
The app will also feature customized playlists in connection with other Art Explora initiatives, such as the tour of the MuMo (Mobile Museum).
Today, Art Explora Academy has 4,400 subscribers (20 percent aged between 18 and 25) and has already awarded 269 diplomas.
As more than 80 percent access Art Explora Academy on their mobile, the app has been designed to meet this on-the-go use, offering the possibility to follow certain courses, even offline, and to receive notifications as soon as new content is added.
The Art Explora Academy app boasts many new features:
- A personalized home page allowing users to easily find their position in the courses
- The possibility to download courses (individually or all at once) for offline use
- Push notifications to keep track of course progress and to notify users of new content
- Easier mobile registration with Google, Facebook and Apple Connect
- Improved library search with keyword and hashtag searches
The Art Explora Academy app is available from the Apple and Android stores from 19 April 2022. Free and without subscription.
The Art Explora Academy website and app were created by My Studio Factory.
With the support of ARTE