Women in Mediterranean art
Head for the Mediterranean and travel through time and culture!
Visit Art Explora Academy to follow the new art history course and discover the representations of women in Mediterranean art.
Tackle different themes in a fun, free way:
- How are women represented in art?
- What clichés are (too) often associated with them?
- What role do they play in creation?
- The invisibilization of women in art
Unique collaborations with cultural influencers!
To take things a step further, Art Explora has teamed up with Margaux Brugvin and François Bénard (Louvre Ravioli) to create original content on the subject of women in art in the Mediterranean!
- L'Odyssée des femmes" web series with Margaux Brugvin
In homage to the most mythical of Mediterranean journeys: Ulysses' Odyssey, this series offers an alternative narrative, focusing on the female figures created by Homer and their influence on artistic creation since Antiquity.
- Two episodes of the Toile Percée produced by Louvre Ravioli
Discover two emblematic works from the Louvre featuring female figures from the Mediterranean world:
- " The Victory of Samothrace "
- " Eliezer and Rebecca "
Find out more about Mediterranean women on Art Explora Academy!